Soapnut shells, USDA Certified Organic, by Eaternal
How do I use soapnuts? Fill the cotton bag (included in box) with soapnuts and place in your top loader or front loader machine with clothes.
Hypoallergenic, perfect for laundry, washing dishes, household surface etc.
Re-use until shells lose colour - approx 4-6 times.
Naturally cleans and softens fabrics
Gentle on fabrics
Soap nuts or Soapberry, also called "Washing Nuts" or "Ritha/Reetha" (in Hindi), contain ‘Saponins’, which have the ability to clean and wash. When in contact with water, it creates a mild suds, which is similar to soap.
For hundreds of years, people in India and Nepal have been doing their laundry and cleaning with Soapnuts The nut is the dried fruit of the Ritha tree and the saponin released is a 100% substitute to normal detergents..
Soap nuts can be used for cleaning basically anything, from washing clothes, as a liquid soap, cleaning and shining ornaments, household cleaner etc.
As a gentle Detergent...
Soapnuts are highly-effective and gentle at the same time, leaving your laundry fresh and clean. The mild nature of soapnuts assists in keeping colours bright and maintaining fabric structure of your clothes for longer periods. Soapnuts can be used on all fabrics and at all temperatures.
Soapnuts are both Ecological & Economical when compared to other forms of detergents.
Benefits of using soapnuts:
• Cheaper than normal detergents
• Environment friendly, soapnuts are 100% natural, they do not pollute our environment.
• Soapnuts are considered renewable primary products. Plus during growth soapnut trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen - bless them!
• Perfect for allergies, people with sensitive skin, dermatitis, excema, babies etc
• Effective and gentle, Soapnuts clean dirty laundry very effectively and at the same time preserve the colour of your laundry better than chemical detergents. In Nepal, people wash even the finest silks using soapnuts
• 100% biodegradable, put the used soapnuts straight into your compost bin